Explore our articles pertaining to Portuguese Hawaiian Genealogy
- Portuguese Hawaiian Genealogy: Information to Help You Explore Your Tree
- 10 Reasons Why You Can’t Find Your Portuguese Ancestors in Hawaii
- Free Genealogy Indexes and Databases
- Genealogy Reference Shelf
- Genealogy Research Tool Box
- Recommended Books and Videos for Portuguese Hawaiian Genealogy
- 1900 US Federal Census Microfilm Numbers for the Territory of Hawaii
- 1930 Census Background Information
- 1930 Census: What Was Collected?
- 1930 Census: Free Online Access to Digitized Individual Microfilm Rolls
- 1940 Census Sheets are Different
- Make a Research Chart for the 1940 Census Research
- Take Another Look at the Census: Your Female Ancestors
- Hawaii Catholic Churches: Where to Write
- Locating Catholic Churches and Other Facilites in Hawaii: One Researcher’s Experience
- Portuguese Cathlic Churches of Hawaii
Hawaiian Sugar Plantations
Immigration and Naturalization
- Example of a Hawaiian Naturalization Record, 1902
- Locating Naturalization Records in Hawaii
- Passport Registration Indexes for the Azores, 1879-1883
- San Francisco Passenger Lists, 1893-1953
- Ship Manifest for the Pacheco’s
- Short Term Immigration to Hawaii
- Surrendered Alien Certificates Might Help Hawaii Researchers
Indexes Compiled by YourIslandRoutes.com
- Azores Passport Index, 1879-1883
- Early Settlers From Faial to Hawaii
- Early Settlers from Pico to Hawaii
- Portuguese Hawaiian Memories Adult Name Index
- Punchbowl Land Grants: 1912
- Ships From Hawaii to California with Portuguese Passengers
Libraries and Archives
- Hawaii State Archives Digital Collections Tour: Genealogical Indexes
- Microfilm Available for Portuguese Hawaiian Research through the LDS Family History Center
- Theodore Pacheco: A Soldier’s Story
- Three Free Databases for Hawaiian Researchers to Find Veteran Relatives
Newspapers and Books
- Garden Island Newspaper Online, 1902-1922
- Hawaiian Newspapers in Digital Collection
- Hawaii Obituary Index at Familysearch
Portuguese Language, Naming Practices, Etc.
- Curious Spelling of Jozimas (52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Series)
- Danger of Surname Research with Portuguese Ancestry
- Example of Sugar Plantation Employee Records
- Problem with Names Part 1: How’s That Spelled?
- Problem with Names Part 2: Latinization
- Problem with Names Part 3: Well, We Never Called Her That!
- Problem with Names Part 4: Inconsistency
- What did that V Stand For?
- Where Do the Portuguese Speakers Live in the US?
- Why Portuguese Surname Research Doesn’t Always Work in One Chart
- Dates for Birth and Death Registrations for the United States
- Delayed Birth Records May Help Hawaiian Genealogists
- Early Hawaiian Death Registers
- Hawaiian Delayed Birth Records Part One: What are Delayed Birth Records?
- Hawaiian Delayed Birth Records Part Two: How Did They Apply?
- Hawaiian Marriage Licenses
- Maria and Theodoro’s Marriage Certificate
- What did that V Stand For?